UPC is a program for international students who have a high school diploma either from their home country or from Canada. This aims to help students enhance their comprehensive academic ability and English skills, and make sufficient preparation for entering university. Students should choose 6 credit courses for their university application based on their career plans. TAIE International Institute provides students with comprehensive courses in order to satisfy their demands and interest.
Before entering UPC, all students need to take an English placement test to determine their own English level. Our ESL program builds a solid and necessary foundation for students before they start UPC.
UPC students can not only increase their average marks before applying to university, but also UPC can help them improve their English levels. Students can become more adapted to a brand
new cultural environment. Students and the TAIE guidance counselor will work hard together to meet their university application requirements. The majority of graduates from our school will get admitted to the University of Toronto, University of Alberta, University of Waterloo, Western University, York University and McMaster University.
Students who have graduated from high school and have already obtained a high school diploma (or graduates from the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program(IB), O-level)
● Flexible curriculum schedule, students can take different courses according to their specific needs
● Able to complete the six UPC courses within 4-6 months
● Can apply for conditional letter of acceptance to TAIE partner universities and colleges
● Excellent learning environment with one-on-one or small group tutoring;
● One-on-One academic counselling, help students fully prepare for university application
● Students can get their TOEFL and IELTS waived by presenting their marks from grade 12 English
(ENG4U) as their proof of English proficiency. (*Only for TAIE partner universities)